Since this is a low-volume, non-pediatric practice, we only stock vaccines for
- Influenza (during flu season)
- Tdap (tetanus booster)
- Pneumonia (Prevnar-13, Pneumovax-23)
Most pharmacies offer vaccines without an appointment, (Safeway, Walgreens, Sav-On, Fred Meyer, Bi-Mart, Wal-Mart). The pharmacists on staff are trained to administer vaccines and can help you with insurance reimbursement.
Recommended for adults:
1) Tetanus booster: every 10 years (either dT or TdaP)
2) Shingles vaccine: (Zostavax): one time only, age 60 and up
3) Pneumonia vaccine: (Prevnar-13 and Pneumovax-23): One dose each, 6-12 months apart, starting with Prevnar-13. Recommended earlier than age 65 for people with diabetes, asthma, chronic lung disease, or anyone who has had their spleen removed,with an additional booster shot in 5 years.
4) Influenza vaccine: (Flu shot): every patient, every year.
Lane County Health and Human Services Provides: Varicella, Meningococcal, Hepatitis A & B, Tetanus/Pertussis/Diptheria (Tdap) vaccinations and TB skin tests for adults.
Cash paying patients may receive immunizations at reduced cost. They do not bill insurance plans, but can give you information how to be reimbursed if you have insurance.
Lane County Health and Human Services
151 W. 7th Ave., Room 310, Eugene, OR 97401
Immunizations by appointment only: Call (541) 682-4041
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30-11:30am/ 1:00-4:30 pm.